Saturday, May 9, 2009

Provo... so far

I've officially lived in Provo for about two weeks now and let me tell you its thrown me some curve balls. Its so wierd. This place is like being in a bubble of over friendliness. I mean its kind of awesome, its just not what I expected. Here are some of the biggest changes...

-People say hi everywhere
-Everyone still drives like they're in Drivers Ed, myself included
-There are a lot of boys here, but like four times as many girls
-There are cleaning checks at my apartment twice a month
-You can't wear a tankini at the pool
-Pedestrians are dumb and stupid in the 84606
-I know BYU campus, and I don't even go there
-There are countless random rules

A lot of this list sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm not... its just different. I'm enjoying learning life lessons that Provo is teaching me. And lets be honest I feel like this place is one continuous party its pretty awesome. Here are some of the crazy things I've seen and done so far...


Moved into a new room.


Went on a fantastically long walk where I took this gem of a picture.

Jumped into the 'closed' pool at midnight.

Made delicious HUGE sandwiches for a picnic that we're eaten not on a picnic ;)

Found our why there are so many boys in Provo.

Can find a license plate from every state just in my complex parking lot.

No comments: