Tuesday, April 8, 2008

weird: of strange or extraordinary character

"Everyone is weird but me and thee, and even sometimes thou art a little odd."


--old saying


Its funny how we perceive people. For example, I have a nine year old little sister and she is quite the odd one. A little awkward, never afraid to say exactly whats on her mind, a little overbearing, and completely carefree. She is such a unique individual. She'll say things that are embarrassing but true. She's not afraid to be nice to kids that are different, she herself being a bit different and sometimes I think of her as an old soul. Now at first glance and first meeting with Lia you'll think her a bit strange too and most likely some of the first adjectives that will come to mind are "immature" and "annoying". Although both are true to some extent, I find her quite intellectual and far more mature than a lot of the girls I go to college with. She is in the third grade and has a very real sense of the world. She understands that popularity means very little in life. Talking to her is interesting and can be socially very educational. She'll never be the girl that puts somebody down to make herself feel better. I can honestly say that she really is kind to everyone and has the most genuine heart I've ever known in a person. She loves to help people and the only thing she asks for in return is to be loved. So referring back to my title weird: of strange or extraordinary character. This is how Webster defines the word weird and I think it absolutely perfect. Lia is one of the weirdest people I know, strange, yes, but also extraordinary, and I only hope that one day I can be every bit as weird.

1 comment: