Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happiness in a bottle...

“I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls off a string.”

-anon

You know those days where everything seems to be normal, nothing extraordinary, just your average day... but this average day is filled with very little things to make it one of those extraordinarily happy days, where you fall asleep knowing that your happy because of the little things in life. Today was one of those days, and might I say it was rather marvelous. I slept in, it was amazing. I made the guy I'm love with jealous, which was spectacular, because he does it to me all the time. I had cherry seven up which is my secret love in life. I listened to an awesome upper cd- Dan in Real Life, and might I say that the bonus track the end makes my day in it self. I made $19 in one hour. I caught up with an old friend. It was over cast all day :) I put on my new duvet cover, and its a 300 thread count, and its pretty much amazing. An old friend remembered my real name. I learned something new about my brother. My holds at the library are finally there, that I've been waiting for for a month. My boss let me have an extra hour off. I talked with someone that makes me smile. My supervisor taught me how to officially spell the words: experience, difficult, personnel, definitely, accommodating, and bureaucracy. My parents bought a new car. I watched the jazz game with my dad. I got a free sandwich at work. And I watched NCIS... and I got new music from Jumpsuit Apparatus. Its pretty much been a splendid day. Nothing spectacular, and yet its one of those days that makes life so stupendously great... because its the little things that make life so awesome.

No comments: