Thursday, April 17, 2008

Am I dreaming?

Today was one of the most bizarre days I've ever experienced. I feel like I stepped into the twilight zone. I worked a double shift at work, which already makes the day smoosh together seamlessly. Lets see if I can unravel for you. I woke around 8:50, rather begrudgingly and got dressed and made breakfast... very typical for me. I had two eggs, like always and ate them on the way, again very normal... but this is where the day starts to get hazy. I arrive at work at approximately 10:10 about 10 minutes late. The hours of 10-12 passed, and for the life of me I can't tell you what happened in that time span. Then I went and had a cinnamon roll, thank goodness for food, its the only time I actually remember my day by. After that two of my co-workers went and got high, which was amusing and strange all at the same time. Then some more time passed. Then at three I went to Paradise with a co-worker, and bought an oriental salad, which was delicious. Then I came back to work. Then I was briefed on a new survey that I was doing a pretest for Energy Solutions. Then the restaurant next door to us had a kitchen fire, and the entire phone bank filled with smoke, at which point we left the building and roamed around the building watching dozens of firemen walk the halls with their massive red axes. Then I sat on a bench with another co-worker at which point we were hit on by some guy who says that his sister is married to Gary Coleman.... he was a little bit off his rocker and he asked me for my number, and me being the idiot I am, gave it to him, but I regretted instantly so when he read it back to me, I switched one of the numbers and was like "no no, is 6792" and ran away. Thankfully my boss was waiting for me, and so I couldn't stay and talk, I've never been so happy to see him call me back to work and wait for me to get up and go in all my life. At this point I worked on this ridiculous survey about global warming and it took 20 minutes a pop. Then I went on break at which point I ate some wheat thins and a Dr. Pepper and read a book, "Lovely Bones" in the lobby, and that book always makes me think funny anyway. Then I went back to work for another 2 hours after which I left work. Then on my way home I get a text from some random number saying "Hey" and instantly I know that creepy guy from the bench figured out I gave him the wrong number and I lie saying I'm a 27 year old male who lives in Ogden at which point he stopped texting me. Then I cam home and here I am and I can honestly say it was one of the strangest days in my memory. It doesn't sound that strange written out, but in my head, it all seems like it was one of those weird dreams you have that don't make sense at all and are completely random. I'm still trying to figure out if today really happened.

No comments: