Friday, August 14, 2009

EFY: "Ponder Still"

My sixth and final week of EFY...


Games Night the whole company


McKell, Some girl I don't know, Belle, and me making the Cingular bars ;)

Check out their skills with roller coaster!

I can't believe how awesome this week was. I know I know, I say that every week, but I couldn't think of a better way to finish off my summer of EFY. These girls were so fun and talkative! Pizza night was a definite success. The boys and the girls really clicked well together and I've never had a company that listened as well as this one. Are you ready for this...? I actually had so much fun at games night this week! They actually listened and didn't talk when I was explaining the rules! It was amazing! Not to mention they actually listened to each other when they did their cheer for games night. My girls actually ate breakfast with me and dinner too. It was a lot of fun. And I did something I've never done before! Music program! I loved it. I even got about 8 of my youth to do it with me. It was a lot of fun and I really felt like it was worth it. Singing hymns is amazing, even if I am partially tone def. What a week...

My last list of lessons learned at efy:

  • No matter what I end up loving my roommate
  • Wheat Thins aren't as magical as I thought they were
  • Games night can be fun!
  • There is a group of 38+ youth that can listen: miracle
  • I get dehydrated when I don't bring a case of water
  • BBQ pizza is definitely the best... but only from Papa Johns
  • Jumping pictures are freaking cool
  • You can get along with anyone if you pray a lot
  • The $9 watch from Wal-Mart was priceless
  • The tent is still pretty rad
  • Its a lot more fun if you don't care what anyone thinks about you
  • COW's can ruin an entire summer of efy if they get out
  • Playing cupid isn't always a good idea
  • I love spirally bound conference issues of the Ensign
  • Country Time Strawberry Lemonade is delicious
  • The shaved ice place across from Helamen Halls is delicious
  • The more you teach, the better you get at it
  • I LoVe EfY!


The co's: Jared, Me, Lauren, and Greg



My girls: Taylor, Danielle, Kenna, Miranda, Allie, Brittany, Me, Taylor, Maddie, and Marissa


SisterS! Elyse and me.


The whole company: Ponder Still
I was really sad starting this week thinking I would be incredibly depressed once my summer of EFY was over, but its weird, because I'm not. I loved EFY as much as one person possibly could, but I'm so excited for what the future holds. I'm excited for this fall and graduation, but most importantly for my mission. Its so close, I feel like a three year old on the edge of their seat in primary singing Jesus wants me for a sunbeam! I know I keep saying I'm excited, but the excitement has intensified so much with each week as I've seen multiple friends get their calls I think, "That's going to be me!"

No comments: