Saturday, August 1, 2009

EFY: "Beareth all Things"

Another week at EFY....
Yay for the shaved Ice place that gave counselors free shaved ice:)
Pretty sure half my kids called me Lafonda, and the other half called me Aunt Shaniqua...
Yay for 3D glasses!

Tim's beautiful EFY chalk artwork.
This week was so awsome that I had to put up twice as many pictures to cover all the awsomeness that it was. It was a swelteringly hot week, as you can see by the fact that Tim tended to roll up his pants everyday, which is totally against the rules, the little rebel. This week was actually a week of some firsts. We had about 900 youth and the session was in a tent... yes a tent, a very big white air conditioned tent. It was in "tents" haha. Despite the fact that if you got caught in the middle of the tent with hundreds of youth between you and the air conditioner it wasn't that bad.
The whole EFY counselor thing has become such second nature to me that I can't even remember what its like to not be at EFY, this was my third straight week and I have my fourth and final straight week next week, bringing my efy experience to a grand total of 6 glorious weeks! Its been a crazy summer. I haven't had much time to do anything really, but all that aside I think I've had the time of my life as a counselor.


See this is how tired we get, we have to sleep in the back of classrooms while classes are going on... poor Bro. Beecher, he is a good teacher.

See this day we found the sunshine faces in the nursery and had to sing to Sarah on her really bad day :)
Here are some of the things I learned and loved this week:
  • Team algae is the bomb
  • I love having dances in the JFSB square
  • Jumping for three songs straight is a bad idea
  • Jesus wants me for a sunbeam :)
  • You need to drink 6 bottles of water a day and get 6 hours of sleep
  • Bubble wands are an instant cool factor
  • Kids love 3D chalk
  • Sometimes its not worth 15 minutes of sleep to have to drag yourself back out of bed.
  • I LOVE the Cannon Center
  • I finally learned all the dances!
  • Still no lock box duty :(
  • Eric D. Stokes + girls batheroom + plunger = priceless
  • I'm always better friends with my roomates than with my co's
  • I love the little fridge in Helamen Halls
  • I know a kid that can balance a vaccuum on his chin
  • I'm still known as the weird girl with the jacket
  • Disneyland is in 3 weeks!!!!
Fantastic Four Co Counselors: Tim, Me, Tyler, Dani

Those studly GQ boys.

Me and my girls going James Bond style ;)

"Beareth All Things"


No comments: