Sunday, August 9, 2009

100th Blog Post


So you know when your in Kindergarten and you make those cool little crafts with random things on it? When you get that little colored half sheet of paper asking you to bring in 100 of something. Whether its penny's, macaronni noodles, or cotton balls. It's super exciting, or at least you thought your 100 toothpicks were cool, until someone else got to bring in 100 tootsie rolls. What is it about 100? Its not just kids either, adults have a strange obsession with 100 too. There are 100 pennies to a dollar, we even make a big deal out of the first 100 days of a new presidential office. Why is it that 100 is special? I've pondered on this question for the past few days as I've logged on to my dashboard to see that it said "99 posts" under my blog title. As I thought about what I would do for my 100th post I questioned, why is it special? And then it hit me. 100 is a unique milestone. You start at 1 and then it took me two years to hit 100. The next big milestone is 1,000, it will probably take me 10 years or more to hit that milestone. Then the next big milestone is 10,000, and we alll know I'm not every going to get there. 100 is special because it is a milestone that we can reach in a relatively short time. Nobody notices when your at 247 or 385. 1,000 is special too, just not one we see very often because its such a big number. I think 100 is special, maybe I'll do an ode to 100 sometime.

No comments: