Tuesday, September 8, 2009

EFY: "Putteth Off"... the lost week

WEEK 4: Putteth Off

As I was looking through my blog archives I realized their were only five EFY entries. I thought there has to be some sort of mistake in the google blogosphere. I most certainly worked 6 weeks of EFY. I searched high and low for my missing post and it was no where to be found. Was it deleted? Was it ever created? Surely I wouldn't skip a week, but how else could this tragedy have happened? I'm a little more than sad and am mourning the lost post (if it really ever existed). So this is me attempting to give it some justice.

Pizza Night with my girls!
Some things I remember learning this week:
  • sometimes its ok to be a girl
  • the power of positive thinking is quite impressive
  • don't be proud, your not doing much
  • don't try to play cupid at efy... (for counselors of course)
  • set goals
  • if your bishop's calling you after 9, he's asking you to speak :)
  • i love my parents
  • praying aloud, for people by name, with a friend can make a world of difference
  • it's ok to cry... really
  • the Lord makes up for what you lack when your doing all you can
  • always follow the promptings of the spirit, eve when they don't make sense... they will
  • having curled hair is the bomb
  • you probably shouldn't use the kitchen, even if the door is unlocked
  • any problem can be fixed with a prayer
  • sometimes four counselors work really well together and things just jive
  • 40 kids is a big group, but you can still have everyones name memorized by fhe
  • the morris center is still disgusting
Co Counselors: Jordon, Summer, Me, and Trent

Just me and my girls.

The butterfly that landed on my arm... I was really excited.

The whole company: "Putteth Off "
This was a week of polars. Let me explain. I felt like this was one of my most challenging weeks. Not really because of my youth, but because I was struggling. I was all over the place despite the fact that I had 3 amazing co counselors, 10 amazing girls, 1 fantastic roommate, 2 calls from my bishop to speak, but 0 big issues. I struggled internally on a few levels with feelings of inadequacy and insecurity. I was so worried that because I was having an off week, despite my best efforts, my girls would spiritually suffer the repercussions. I was wrong. The Lord made up for all that I lacked, but only because he knew that I was giving it my all. As I listened to my girls bare testimony of their savior, I realized I hadn't failed, He succeeded. It was a wonderful lesson to learn.
I find it extremely ironic that this is the week I forget to post... the week where my company name is "Putteth Off". The week where I put off posting for 2 months...

No comments: