Saturday, March 14, 2009

Just a plain old good day

I like to think that today is the day that I'm coming out of my rut. I woke up at 8:30 and realized there was no way I was going to make it to work on time. Without really thinking about it, only being half awake, I turned off my alarm and rolled over hoping to get back into that elusive dream that I can no longer remember. I woke up for the second time to the vibrating of my phone. A co-worker texted me at 11:00 asking where I was. Regretfully, I got out of bed already forgetting the good dream.

 I arrived at work at noon, exactly two hours late for work. I felt really guilty, but at the same time I don't think I've been late at all since I started working there again, so I tried to get over my guilt. Work flew by quicker than I would have imagined while enjoyed the lovely writing abilities of the talented Jane Austin between phone calls. 

By the time three o' clock rolled around I was out of the building and in a ray of sunshine. I drove home with my window down, having the sixty degree weather blow through my hair. I don't know why today felt so magical, but it did. A combination of sunshine, good weather, and an extra two hours of sleep made all the difference in the world. Cheers to many more good days.

2 comments:

Elyse Marie said...

hooray for good days! it makes me happy to hear about them. :-D

Michelle Glauser said...

Yay yay yay for your magical day!