Monday, January 5, 2009

My love affair with the ocean

Now I know what your thinking... First of all that is a really tacky title for a post, and its way cliche. But I couldn't come up with anything better and I need to save my creative juices for my actual post, because my creative waterfall is running dry as of late.

So I had the marvelous and blessed privilege to come to Santa Cruz for a week right before classes start. I can't believe it worked out so well. I love California from the bottom of my heart. I've been trying to figure out if everyone loves the beach and the ocean like I do, or if maybe I like it more. I've never had anyone try to explain to me how much they love it and I think I've come to the conclusion that I must love it much much more than most. Today I walked about 3 miles up and down the coast line in Santa Cruz and I can't describe to you how much I never wanted to leave. I've never fallen in love with a boy like the way I've fallen in love with the ocean. The last time I left the beach I really thought it would cause me physical pain. Every time I'm there its like I can breath just a little bit deeper. My entire life seems to be washed away and I can sit there and smell the ocean and not have to worry about anything.

So now that I've attempted to convey my love of the ocean I'm going to write my top five favorite things about nature, what I couldn't live without, things that Jesus really must have put a lot of thought and care into...

5. The Trees

4. The Flowers

3. The Rain

2. The Sun

1. The Ocean

No comments: