Friday, September 5, 2008

Too many thoughts, so little time

I walked out my door this morning and was welcomed by fall air. I hadn't expected it. Its been colder other days of the week, but today marked the beginning of my fall. I'm sure it will warm back up again a little, but for the most part fall is here to stay. I hadn't realized how much I missed it until I walked out my door this morning and felt the cold air on my skin and in my lungs. It swirled in my lungs leaving me feeling like my insides were coated with cold clouds. I always forget how much I love to feel the seasons change. It always feels amazing. Whether its the first day of Spring, Winter, Summer, or Fall, they all hold something pleasant in them that makes you want to breathe in a little deeper.

On a different note, school has once again gone into full swing. It hasn't been bad so far, but I anticipate it will get pretty intense with the schedule that I'm working. Its good to be busy though. It leaves you less time to dwell on certain impossibilities. The only thoughts you have time for are the practical ones, and I'm grateful for the distraction.

So I had a little epiphany today and I decided that my life is a vicious vicious cycle of satisfaction, happiness, loneliness, disappointment, depression, and achievement. It seems to flow continuously. I'm not quite sure if its a good thing or if its healthy or what, but it seems pretty balanced between good times and bad.

Just several things I've discovered and noticed in my second year of higher education:

The people you miss are the people that mean the most

Nobody looks at you on campus, there all to busy trying not to meet your eyes

Sleeping with the windows open is magical

I like watching CNN... weird

Roommates come and go... only a few are worth keeping in touch with

We did not fight against Russia in WWII

Family is awesome, absence seems to make the heart grow fonder

Sometimes people surprise you and aren't anything like you thought they were

The USU IT staff actually know what their doing

An I-pod was easily one of my greatest purchases

I'm not as smart as I thought I was, there are some brilliant people that I brush shoulders with

Wal-Mart sucks, Smith's is the only way to go

Figure Skating hurts, but is so worth the effort to learn

Laundry is EXPENSIVE, so is everything else for that matter.

You can get sick of your favorite foods if you eat them too often

Reading the newspaper everyday is actually interesting

There are lots more that I can't thing of, so I may or may not do a continuation.

1 comment:

Michelle Glauser said...

Sara, I love your musings. Your writing is very good, keep it up. (But work on that spelling!)