Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Power of Music

I love music. The loud, the soft, heavy, light, drums, piano, classical, rock, contemporary, country, blues, alternative, punk, even some rap. It has the power to make me physically smile, laugh, be angry, or cry. Some makes you feel like your on top of the world, and some makes you feel like your the only one there listening in a crowd of strangers. Music has often been my best friend and my only solace in a world, that quite frankly often sucks. It takes no up keep, you can leave it and come back and its never going to be offended. You can listen to something 100 times and still love it for the same reasons you loved it the first time you heard it. It has the ability to inspire or to discourage. It can help you sleep, or it can keep you awake. In can make you run harder, drive faster, or dance longer. It gives you confidence that no one else can here. Do you ever notice that people with I-pods and headphones tend to walk a little taller? You can sing along and its never going to tell you that you can't. What would life be without the melodies that seem to echo in the outer ether's of life? I think I'd rather live a life without color than a life without music. It's essential to my existence.

No comments: