Saturday, May 24, 2008

Insomnia

Sleep is an interesting thing. I go to class all day thinking, all I want to do is go to sleep, then I go to work yawning and just wanting to go to bed, and then I come home, and I can't sleep... its ridiculous, but at the same time, I kind of love it. Now, this could be really wierd, but one of my favorite parts of the day is to lie awake in bed right before I fall asleep and just think... Not about anyone, or anything in specific, just letting my thoughts run away with themselves and seeing where they take me. I love to imagine and analyze my day and my dreams. Its fun to think of the future and interesting to recall the past. Its like everything can be in the for front of your brain at that time, because there is nothing to concentrate on and no pressure to memorize or listen to something or someone. Everything is there for your recall and you can pull it up like you would a file in a cabinet, tucked away for later use. The only problem is, your brain can't be shut down like a computer, it runs and runs until finally it stops and lets you sleep. Right now my brain just seems to be doing a marathon...

No comments: