Thursday, January 31, 2008

What I regret...

"There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say,'Yes, I've got dreams, of course I've got dreams.' Then theyput the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it,and yep, they're still there. These are great dreams, but theynever even get out of the box. It takes an uncommon amount of guts to put your dreams on the line, to hold them up and say,'How good or how bad am I?' That's where courage comes in."

-- Erma Bombeck


Growing up I always heard people, friends, family, even strangers, talk about all their regrets in life. Some were small, others seemed huge, but all the same, regrets stick with you forever. I looked at women who were in their 80's and saw the regret behind their eyes and I promised myself that would never be me. By no means am I old, but I already feel like I've missed out or messed up so much. I have an extremely dificult time letting go of my past. There are already so many "Wish I would have's". I love to dream. Infact I'm probably one of the biggest dreamers you'll ever meet. If you ever sit down with me and talk you'd know I have high aspirations. I want to travel so badly! I want to go on an LDS mission. I want a masters in Journalism and a Bachelors in Political Science. I want to study abroad. I want to write books! I'd love to eventually have a family. I would love to train for six to eight months and see if I could get on a Junior College womens basketball team. I want to get out of debt and actually save some money!I want to be fit and in shape and healthy. I want to finish the Book Of Mormon. I want to read a ridiculous amount of books. I love to learn! I just wish I was better at it, and what have I done with all these dreams.... nothing, and I know if I don't change something fast, I will be the queen of regret.

No comments: