Saturday, January 12, 2008

Live in the moment

Do you know the strange feeling of going back to something that was once there but now even though its there, its completely different. I think I take for granted living in the moment so often. As I go back through places I've been and times in my life, I expect them to be the same.... and there not. Its like walking into an echo of your past. Its the same on the hollow, but every thing is different when looked at more carefully. You get an inconsolable feeling that brings a new sadness to your present. The only thing that seems to make me feel better is the thought that from then on forward I don't want take for granted the time and moment in which I'm living. Life is continually changing and evolving around us. If we dwell on the past too much or the future to little, we lose sight of what is most important, the present. Its good to remember but not to dwell. Its good to aspire but not to obsess. Each moment in life should be lived knowing that it will never come around again, and therefore should be held to be the most precious in the hands of those who hold it.

1 comment:

Will said...

I really like this post, Sara. It seems to capture the indefinable quality of awareness in a way that I too have often felt it.