Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not That I'm Complaining, but...

It's been a rather interesting and unfortunate week and it just seemed to get better and better as time went on. Earlier this week as I already stated, I caught the worst cold of all time. I thought I handled it fairly well. I didn't go around complaining or making excuses. I took my vitamin C, my antibiotics and moved on. Unfortunately, I still I have the cold, which now may not actually be a cold, but mono. Things started to look up on Saturday though. I was feeling a little better and I was capable of breathing through my nose, so I went out to dinner and a movie with a friend. After much debate, we decided on I am Legend. Definitely a good choice. A little different, rather strange, but entertaining and extremely thought provoking. A word to the wise, it's a really jumpy movie. After the movie, we went to Panda Express, upon my friend's request. I didn't mind, but very uncharacteristically I got some new Thai chicken that I thought looked good, and it was. We spent the rest of the night messing around and then went ice skating. I got home pretty late and a little banged up from the ice skating, but my cold was no worse and I was exhausted and fell asleep fairly quickly. Sadly, I awoke around four a.m. to my entire face being swollen and a sore throat from hell. Who knew I was allergic to Thai chicken? To make matters even worse, I've been taking Nyquil for my cold, so I can't even take Benedril to make the swelling go down. Luckily my tongue isn't swollen, so I can still breathe. I suppose that is something to be grateful for.

1 comment:

Lysee said...

I still want to know where the mono came from...