Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not in the mood

I've avoided writing for the last couple of hours because I haven't wanted to. I've had more than enough time to write ten entries, but I feel creatively drained. I am reminded of finals week, when I had an eight page paper due, and I couldn't do anything but stare at the empty screen before me. Nothing I wrote would ever flow and I pride my self for the writing flow I usually have that comes to me quite naturally. But now, like finals week, my entry somewhat resembles the writing of my C+ paper. It makes sense, the sentences have structure, and I got my point across, but there is no spark in the writing that makes it a pleasure to read. I envy the great authors whose writing just screams eloquence with every word. I suppose sometimes its better to write out when your at your worst, because not writing at all would be a sad showing of how you react when things are rough or even near impossible.

No comments: