Sunday, June 14, 2009

EFY: "Judges"

WEEK TWO
Games night and our lovely banner.
My gorgeous and MODEST girls.
My studly and stunning boys.
Me and the co co's (Jac and Paul).

Not even going to lie, my second week was pretty amazing! EFY is such a spectacular experience. I'm learning more than I ever imagined and I feel like it is awesome preparation for life in general. Not only am I learning from the session director and the teachers, but I'm learning from my peers, my co counselors, and my youth! These kids are so amazing. I never imagined what this experience would entail but its definitely better than anything I expected. Some things I learned this week.
  • do not tell your 14 and 15 year old girls your REAL counselor crush
  • Mormon kids love their slow dances
  • who knew boys actually liked to slow dance
  • 9 girls cannot eat 4 pizza's.... impossible
  • its good to be prepared to teach, but even better to be prepared to testify
  • it really does hurt when boys step on your feet in a slow dance
  • dance duty really isn't fun
  • a flower in your hair makes all the difference
  • uncrustables are gross
  • water is still the elixir of life
  • chaco's are bomb
  • sticky notes are basically magical
  • when your stressed, praying is the best possible solution
  • prayer works
  • sometimes no matter how much hand sanitizer you use, people still get sick
  • a camera is a priceless investment
  • Jonas Brothers is like instant bonding music
  • spandex rocks
  • I love efy more than I ever thought possible

Currently I only have two more sessions of EFY for the rest of the summer and I'm a little more than slightly heart broken. Even though its the most exhausting job I wish I could be there all the time. I hope I get more. Cross your fingers!


The whole company :)

No comments: