Sunday, February 22, 2009

Introducing Skarlette


Meet Skarlette. She is the adorable kitten that appeared on our porch early this Sunday morning. She meowed for a long time before my little sisters convinced my mother to give her a can of tuna, which she scarfed. We left a bowl of water out before going to church and then left the remainder of the can of tuna as well. The little girls we're so afraid that she wasn't going to be there when we got back but I was quite indifferent. I figured she would leave after we didn't come out to see her for an hour or two, but to my astonishment there she sat at the top of the stairs two hours later when I came home from church. I went out and after she got over the shock of the sliding door came over and into my lap. I sat out on the porch with her for a half an hour and after that I was a goner. She is the most playful, friendly, and sweet cat I've ever met. My little sisters spent most of the evening going in and out of the back door to play with "our" new kitten. Of course my mom loves her, but my dad needed some convincing. However, by the end of the evening, she was allowed to stay. Moriya went outside to say goodnight and noticed that the poor cat was shaking from the cold and decided that she could absolutely not stay outside for the night. So after clearing it with my mom she ran down to our neighbors house, borrowed a litter box and a can of cat food and is now hiding Skarlette in her room. I promised my mom I would make fliers tomorrow to put up around the neighborhood, but she's so sweet that I'm dreading having someone take her away, but I'll do it anyway. Who would of thought we would have ever gotten a pet so quickly? Even if it is only for a few days.

No comments: