Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just rambling now...

Suddenly I feel as though my life went from a stress level of like 10.5 to 0.5 in just a matter of weeks. Everything that I was so worried about and stressed about all just melted away. I sold my apartment contract. I sent my transcripts to SLCC, I finished orientation. I aced my huge test. I'm finishing my final project for JCOM 2010, I got the gas bill and the utility bill out of my name. I quit both of my jobs (to move of course), I'm not worried about money, I'm not stressed about church, my life isn't crazy busy, in fact it’s rather dull. What a 180. And yet, I haven't had any stress for the past few days and I already feel a little bored. Maybe stress is good for you. A necessary part of life that brings a whole lot of trouble and strife, but not without reward. This May I'll have been out of high school for 2 full years and in those two years, I didn't stay in one place for more than six or seven months. That’s kind of sad. I feel like I just want to keep picking up and moving and starting over. It’s not like I mess things up (well at least not all the time), I just like change. It’s not that I love change, I'm just willing to change as much as I need to until I'm happy, and right now I feel like constant moving and change is keeping me as happy as I can be for the time. The next year is going to be really exciting. I can feel it.

Last Sunday in church a member of the stake presidency got up and talked about LAC's (Life Altering Choices) I tuned most of it out because I knew ultimately it was going to lead to marriage... which is the most lame topic and yet the most common topic in a singles ward. Fortunately he did deviate and talk about more than just marriage so I tuned in a bit more. He talked about how there are these huge choices we make that alter are lives forever, and we make this choices so quickly and with so little thought. Like deciding to go here or there for school, deciding to drop out of school, or just not go to school all together. Now I think these types of LAC's are pretty obvious and clearly life altering. I think something even more important than LAC's is the LELAC's :D totally made up that acronym (Little Everyday Life Altering Choices) Like, I'm going to go to class today, or I'm going to ready my scriptures, or I'm going to just be happy today. These are the choices that have a profound impact and are most definitely life altering and yet we tend to not think of them because they really are all so small. But then I suppose all of life’s choices are life altering in a little way. But some little choices are life altering in a Big way.

3 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

Do you know what? I think all the motivation I have in my life is from this absolutely insane idea in my head that some day my to-do list will be done and I'll be able to bake cookies, read books, and sleep in all I want. Ha ha ha. Plus, somehow in this fantasy world of mine, I'll have money so doing those things won't be a problem. I may even slip in a few month-long vacations from my stress-less life so I can see the world.

Elyse Marie said...

I'm glad you're starting to recognize the impact of choices. :-) Every day is life-altering depending on what you do with it. But on the subject of change, it's good you like it because it's the only thing that helps any of us grow. Maybe that's why we always want change, because you and I have so much growth to catch up on LoL. Love you!!!

Eugenia Arroyo said...

Ive been learning english since i was 4 years old, haha, so im pretty good.
I loove how you write, and yes, I live in a city named Maar del Plata, in a House in the woods of Mar del Plata. My city is near the sea, and the last chamber of the americas had taken place here. :D!
Tell me about your life please, i really want to know.
byee (:

Eugenia