Monday, February 11, 2008

Untitled

"I am convinced that there are universal currents of divine thought vibrating the ether everywhere and that any who can feel these vibrations is inspired."

--Richard Wagner

I realize that most of what I write here has no lasting influence or meaning. Most days when I look back at what I've written I just shake my head. Sometimes I think I try too hard to make it sound good, and it ends up sounding very juvenile, which I'm well aware of. But thats how it is. I'm still very young and immature and cognizant of my adolescent writing. Sometimes I'm trying to make a statement and other times I'm just writing whatever comes to my head. Sometimes I write like its a journal, other times I write like I'm telling a story. On rare occasions I even write in editorial style, however awful it may be. I'v written about things from movie reviews to politics to life lessons I've managed to pick up. I tend to quote people that I admire and I enjoy exploring what they mean. I don't usually aim to inspire and I hardly consider anything I write to be divine thought. For the most part, my only intention is to make myself think and everyonce and a while I might leave an impression on somebody else. So while some may read what I write and see it as naive, (which I wouldn't really argue with) I'm just trying to find my way through,... my lost thoughts.

No comments: